FAWN LAKE COMMUNITY CARDBOARD BOAT REGATTA RACESSPONSORED BY THE FLYC2019 THEME: PiratesTHURSDAY, JULY 4, 2019FAWN LAKE BEACHLINE UP TBD RACE TIME: TBDMAKE YOUR BEST CARDBOARD BOAT FOR SHOW AND/OR FOR THE RACE – PRIZES!!!Host: Jennifer & Patrick Gay and Mindy & Jim McCloskey
8 RACE CATEGORIES – FIRST PLACE WINNERS
- Race #1—Double seat RISING elementary boats
- Race #2—Single seat RISING elementary boats
- Race #3—Double seat RISING middle school boats
- Race #4—Single seat RISING middle school boats
- Race #5—Double seat RISING high school and older boats
- Race #6—Single seat RISING high school and older boats
- Race #8 —Anything GOES (ALL AGES)
OTHER CATEGORIES – PRIZE WINNERS
- Pride of the Regatta – Most Creative & Original Design
- Commodores Award – Best incorporation of theme(boat/costume) – Pirates
- The Titanic Award – The boat that sinks in the most spectacular fashion
RULES FOR CARDBOARD BOATS OR DQ (*SEE COMMODORE’S REQUIREMENTS #13)
(1) Entire structure and seating area must be made of corrugated cardboard. (2) Hull cannot be wrapped in plastic/duct tape/ etc. (3) Only seams and joints can be taped. Not the whole boat. (4) Boat can be one or two seater—Teams of two must be in same category or move up. (5) Oars, if used, can be made of any material. (6) Absolutely NO Styrofoam, fiberglass, bonded or non-corrugated cardboard. (7) No cardboard used for shipping—ex. Waxed/weather sealed/rolled/pressed/etc. (8) Glue—any one part glue allowed. Two part or epoxies are not permitted. (9) Caulk—any latex quick drying caulk to seal joints. (10) Paint—any one part paint allowed. No two part or epoxies. Kilz or spray paint OK. (11) Tape—Duct Tape over seams ONLY. Do not cover boat in tape.
(12) Crew Costumes are fun and encouraged and recommended.
(13) To finish the race, you must still be in the boat, not dragging or towing it. If your boat sinks you must remove all material from the lake.
- WHERE DO I GET CORRUGATEDCARDBOARD? Local furniture/appliance store
- HOW DO WE BUILD ACARDBOARD BOAT? Google has lots of websites
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Everyone
- HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? ZERO
- HOW MANYBOATS CAN YOU MAKE? No Limit
- WHAT DO I BRING? BYOE -Boats, Life Jackets, Family
- NO pets can occupy aboat during competition